Sunday, March 20, 2011

Holy Name Retreat Center

I was very blessed to be able to attend a women's retreat at the Holy Name Retreat Center in Houston the last weekend of February. The combination of six months of homeschooling and my husband's increased work and frequent travel had me searching for some way to take a little break. When I presented the brochure for this retreat center to Chris, he was not only supportive, but filled out all the paperwork for me and mailed the check in! He marked the dates on his work calendar and promised to take care of the kids.

The Passionist priests at this retreat center and the Dominican sisters who assisted were very welcoming and provided an incredibly loving family environment. Their "signature" was to begin all talks with jokes... and each tried to outdo the other. Our topic was forgiveness. Forgiveness of others, forgiving yourself and forgiveness from God. I enjoyed the discussions, the quiet time to pray, the fellowship, the rest and the three fabulous meals per day. This was heaven for me and I hope to do it again next year.
The retreat grounds were beautiful. Morning and evening prayers were said in the chapel and I was able to receive the sacrament of reconcilliation... which I happily reported to Emily when I got home!

The freezing weather had damaged a lot of the plants in the gardens, but it was still beautiful. Here is the Our Lady of Guadelupe prayer garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment