Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Emily's Dance Recital - Picture Day

Emily's big dance recital is coming up at the end of May and she was very excited to get her costume. Last Monday, the studio had photographers on site to take single and group pictures of the girls in costume. We had a lot of fun putting it on... I think it is really cute. Her dance is to Surfin' in the USA and it is a Daddy/Daughter number. Chris attended his first rehearsal last Sunday and they have been practicing quite a bit. He's got all sorts of moves and gets to throw his daughter around quite a bit... which she loves!

Her official costume requirement is to have her hair up in a bun. I have never put anyone's hair into a bun. Especially not a bun that is supposed to look good. When I went to purchase tights, I was very glad to find a bun helper contraption that makes the job a lot easier... than with no bun-maker contraption. I was pretty proud of my work. Not bad for the first one, eh? And it only took me a few minutes.


And here are the girls ready to have their pictures taken. The make-up makes them look about 10 years older. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Bertha had make-up remover on hand and we took it off as soon as they were done. I'm sure there will be plenty of years in the future to see our daughters wearing make-up. I'm not in a hurry!


The smiles indicate every one is obviously enjoying being all dolled up and fussed over.



And yes, I ordered Emily's single portrait... I grumbled about the cost, $30 was the cheapest package you could get, but I'm sure they will be really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment