Sunday, November 13, 2011

David's Birthday Cake

Here is a scene of very important work.  David requested a red cake with red frosting for his birthday.  I thought the easiest way to accomplish the "red cake" part would be to make a Red Velvet cake mix.  I didn't realize just how red the batter would be and this is the reason why my son is not wearing a shirt.  I knew the birthday boy would want to excercise his birthday right to lick the bowl while the cake was baking.  And I knew my boy would not be neat and tidy about this privilege!  So yes, there should be a picture of David with red cake batter all over his face, and his chest, and his arms... but really I was too busy cleaning up the mess and I was also a little grossed out that he looked like he had blood all over his face.  That batter is something else! 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that really is RED!!! I thought it was odd that he wasn't wearing a shirt. Sometimes, I breeze through the pictures then go back to read the article. The nurse in me hopes there wasn't raw eggs in the batter :P

    ReplyDelete