Saturday, May 19, 2012

Homeschooling Wrap-up

I have read and enjoyed so many posts from homeschooling Moms about their homeschooling plans, the resources they use and why they enjoy them, their struggles, and their successes.  After 3 years of homeschooling, I have started to understand what works for my family and I'd like to spend some time reviewing the last couple of years as a way for me to reflect on how I can do better.  My family is unique.  I know my kids better than anyone else and I continue to believe I am the best person to teach them and to find new ways to challenge them.  My prayers always so something like this:  "Lord help me to teach my children.  Grant me more patience.  Help me teach them to know you and to walk in your ways"  But goodness, it is difficult at times.  I struggle with consistency.  I struggle with being lazy.  I struggle with my temper.  I struggle with anxiety that I'm not getting it all done... but at the end of the day... I still want to teach my kids and they still want me to teach them.  So I guess we keep doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment