Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Dinner - Homemade Pasta in the Making!


I was very spoiled this Mother's Day.  It is probably the best one ever!  Emily sang at the 9am mass which meant she had to be at church by 8:15am.  My alarm clock rang at 7am and apparently my sweet daughter had gotten herself up super early to decorate and make me breakfast in bed!  Emily said she actually got up at 5:30am because her alarm went off an hour earlier than she had planned (poor thing) and that she had tried to get Lia up to help her but Lia couldn't get out of bed!  So right after my alarm clock went off, I hear "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" and "I made you breakfast in bed!"  I got cereal with milk on the side (so it wouldn't get soggy) with fresh blackberries.  Emily also wanted Chris to get up early and surprise me with espresso but he didn't cooperate either with her early plan.  He did, however, get up and make my espresso so I could have it with my breakfast.  Am I lucky or what?

And... after church, my crew slaved in the kitchen all day making homemade pasta, Nonna's meatballs, and pasta sauce with hot italian sausage.  Mamma Mia!  I had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment