Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 2 in the Hospital (March 25)

My pictures are all documented and filed away nice and neat... I just haven't found any time to update my blog.  Isaac nurses about every 2 hours.  I am trying desperately to educate my older children to some minimum standard that I deem acceptable, get the laundry done, feed everyone, do the dishes and clean only what is really disgusting...  you get the idea.  I should totally be sleeping right now but I'm afraid if I delay any longer in updating, I will just throw in the towel and say it is just too difficult to document our lives.  (okay rant session over)
 
March 25, 2014 
I felt great my 2nd day in the hospital.  I got up and showered, walked around and even went shopping in the hospital lactation store for some nursing bras.  I began bragging that my doctor was such an awesome surgeon that I was hardly in any pain at all.  I would take these words back later... the pain definitely came back to bite me.  I allowed my Daddy to photograph me too!
 

It is so hard to believe that Isaac was in my belly just the day before and I was so miserably uncomfortable.


I like this picture of Isaac at my chest because that is pretty much where he preferred to be if he wasn't nursing or being held by someone else.  And once we got him home, that location was certainly much more desirable than his cold and lonely cradle.

 
I had Isaac on Monday morning, these pictures were taken on Tuesday and I requested a discharge on Wednesday morning since we were both doing so well in terms of recovery.  The real reason I wanted to get the heck out of that place was because nobody would let me sleep!  I am fairly certain I did not sleep for more than an hour at a time and I was so ready to go home and sleep in my own bed.
 

I like this one of my Mom and I.  Babies are just so exciting.  Welcome to the world, sweet Isaac.

No comments:

Post a Comment