My camera broke and I ordered a new one but it hasn't come yet... that is why I haven't been blogging. This is silly because I feel it is very theraputic to blog. So let me update:
Let's start with what David is doing:
David starts his day talking and asking questions... and keeps talking and asking more questions till bedtime! He seems like he is on fire to learn as much as he can and I love that! I got a new educational toy called Wikki Stix... I got sucked into the Lakeshore Learning store and wanted to buy everything I saw... I limited myself though and got what I went there for - dry erase markers, chalk, and one inexpensive learning toy (yes that was impulse) and then I made a wish list for the other stuff I wanted. Anyway, Wikki Stix are like sticky pipe cleaners. They come with connect the dot cards so your child can form shapes by connecting the dots... David needed a bit of help but got the hang of it pretty quickly. Then he started saying lots of profound things (for a 3 year old) about how a shape changes when it is turned upside down or sideways... For example, he said when you turn the "rainbow" upside down it makes a "U" and if you turn it again, it looks like a "C". Or if you turn an "E" sideways, it kind of looks like an "M" and turn it again, it looks like a "W". I must say I was impressed.
David loves this game he plays with his Daddy... Emily plays and loves it too. They call it "Daddy Airplane" and they play it on our bed. They decide where they are going to go... like China... and they go through this long routine about getting the plane ready and they all get on Daddy's back and of course there is take off and turbulance... the works. I've got to get a video of it. The kids usually do about 3 rounds of this every night after dinner. I think it is the highlight of their day.
We went to Kid's preschool fitness at the YMCA today too. I forget how much fun it is. David is the perfect age for it now. The 30 minute class is just jam packed with games where the kids run around, they get to use props like scarves, bouncy balls, and beanie baby animals, there is story time, and often a nutrition lesson. Ms. Linda read the Lazy Ladybug today and I need to get it from the library to read again - note to self!
Gotta go get Emily. More later!
It won't be long before David's creativity leads him to playing with elements...just like Mommy & Daddy :)
ReplyDelete