Thursday, October 28, 2010
David's First Trip to the Emergency Room
So this was minor... but a trip to the emergency room counts and this happened to be David's first. Last Sunday while David was in his little faith formation class, he managed to trip and fall into a book case. The cut and the bleeding was bad enough for the director to come and get us out of church - right as the gospel was being read! David handled it like a champ but did seem a bit wierded out at being the center of attention with a bunch of grown-ups staring at him. Chris and I checked him out and we decided the cut was deep enough to warrant a trip to the emergency room for possible stitches. It wasn't bleeding heavily, but it would ooze blood every ten minutes or so and just looked generally nasty. Poor kid.
Luckily the Emergency Care place wasn't too busy. They had a nice waiting area and I stayed with David while Chris took the other kids out to eat. And his silly Mommy documented it all for posterity... but before you laugh at me, I was really glad I took the pictures because I was able to compare the before to the after in the end.
So here we are in the waiting room for about half an hour. David really likes to take pictures with Mom. It always makes him laugh because I usually cut off someone's head in my first few attempts.
And we were lucky because they used glue to seal his boo-boo together. The doctor was very kind and she said it probably wouldn't prevent it from scarring a little... but it would certainly help in the healing process and minimize the potential scar. David thought it was cool that the glue was purple. All in all, we were in and out in 2 hours and a $75 copay. Not too bad. I guess this is pretty common stuff for boys... but I am hoping we don't make a habit of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Funny...you already admitted this will only be his first trip to the ER. Dermabond is wonderful ....it makes ER trips much more pleasant. Way to be a champ David!!
ReplyDelete