Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quick Update... pictures to come!

As usual, life has been busy for us. This blog is such a good indicator to our level of business... I can just log on and check the last day I posted! Anyway, since I posted that our David was so sick I will update on that first. And if Stacey reads this, I owe you a phone call. Thanks for calling to check up on our little guy!

The shot that David received in his hip was some potent stuff. He was so sore and sick the next day that he couldn't walk. He did not get off the couch for the entire day! I carried him to the potty when he needed to go and tried to get him to eat... and he slept a lot. The next day he was in better spirits and wanted to be outside but didn't even try to walk until late in the afternoon. By that night, he was back to his old self. He walked with a limp for a few hours and then it didn't seem to bother him after that. A consult with our doctor in the school parking lot (Dr. Haggerty is the best - it is awesome to have a pediatrician you see after school every day!) informed me that the shot does cause soreness which becomes worse if not worked out by walking... who knew! And of course a little Motrin would have worked wonders but David refused all medicine. Ah... kids! So I am happy to report he is all better!

Our wonderful friends, Lowell and Cynthia came to visit Easter weekend and I was so glad that our kids got along so well with theirs... because it allowed us to get in a great visit with them. The bouncy castle was put to good use (thank you Tony!!) and was used non-stop Saturday morning and afternoon. I will post pictures from all that soon.

And finally, I am busy because things are breaking all over our house! The nice man who fixes our appliances is coming to replace our disposal which broke over the weekend.... I am also learning about all the obstacles to replacing our dishwasher. The motor on that broke last week and I have been washing all my dishes by hand.... It takes a long time to wash all your dishes by hand. I am hoping our new dishwasher can be delivered and installed this week... it is still in the works. Chris unclogged the toilet upstairs.... Emily put a ton of toilet paper in the toilet and Chris had to completely remove it to get it all out. Yes, it was nasty. Very nasty. And finally, the toilet in our guest bedroom cracked and will need to be replaced as well. Chris thinks I broke it because I stood on it to get the linens out from the shelves above it. Goodness.

And of course, Happy Easter!!!

Emily was so excited to sing at Easter mass. She has been practicing the latin and her Daddy has said it has been like having an angel singing around the house. So glad she loves choir so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment