Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kelly V, Oct. 31, 2009, RIP



My friend Kelly died peacefully in her sleep at 7am on Halloween morning with her mother by her side. I feel blessed to have known her and am saddened it was only for a short time. She shared her faith with me in my Familia class and her love of teaching her boys through our homeschooling group. She battled cancer for 5 years and showed such amazing grace and strength when surely she was in a tremendous amount of pain. Over the past 6 months we got together with our kids a handful of times and I'd like to say I found a kindred spirit. I am saddened that we don't have more time together but I am happy she is no longer in pain. I don't think I've processed my emotions just yet. One beautiful memory I have is when she came to our house with her boys after daily mass. She had told me of her love of espresso so I invited her over so I could make her one. Her boys, Taylor and Blaze, showed us their origami talents and made little hats and boats for us. David was so comfortable around Kelly, he climbed in her lap! We brought her dinner right before she got really sick and Emily was struck by the fact she had lost all her hair. We prayed every night for her and her boys. Emily said she would attend her funeral service with me next week. I hear it may be Tuesday. Again, I haven't processed my feelings but I know I will miss her.

"May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace."

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. It takes time to process emotions and each day may bring a different feeling/emotion. I pray that you will find peace in the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete