Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lia's Birthday Cake

On Sunday morning, we all went to church together and had lunch at our favorite Vietnamese noodle place... Yum! When we got home, we made our frosting and got ready to decorate the cake!I had thought we would frost our cupcake pink... but Lia very clearly informed us that she wanted the frosting to be yellow. So yellow it was! We added our yellow food coloring and got to work. Emily was excited to use her new frosting utensils (Thank you Peg!) and did a fine job icing our cupcake. Lia's job was to add the sprinkles... and you can see she is taking this job very seriously and placing each sprinkle precisely in its proper place.

Obviously, the more sprinkles the better. The kids all took turns putting on three different varieties of sprinkles!

I think David had fun. "Cheese!"

The final product!

We sang Happy Birthday to Lia again! She liked that. And then we ate the cake during the half time of the Super Bowl. Lucky Us!

1 comment:

  1. It was so yummy. Truly the best cake I ever made, of course I had help from three assistants.

    ReplyDelete