Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Summer of the Shower

I have decided that it is very important that Emily be able to take a shower and wash her hair completely on her own. I have sat outside the tub and told Emily how to bathe as she does it and I know she is capable. However, if I just send her up for bath, I will hear the water run and I will hear her get in. But if I go up to check, she will be just sitting there. "Mommy, I was waiting for you to tell me what to do." (sigh)

So we made an EXTREMELY detailed list together. More specifically, 3 pages of how to shower. And voila... sucess! She owns the shower process. We'll work on doing it quickly later. ;-)




Independence is good.

2 comments:

  1. Okay this is making me LOL! I didn't realize any shower took that many steps! This is why you're the engineering family ;)

    MC and E are pretty good at showering alone, but I still have to help with E's hair, especially as she tends to get the green tint from all the summer swimming.

    Way to go, Emily! It's definitely nice when the kids start to get big enough to do stuff like this on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until Emily realizes you can shower outside at the beach....know that's cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete