Saturday, June 12, 2010

Swim Lessons

I signed both Emily and David up for swim lessons at our YMCA. The lessons have worked out great for Emily. After her first day, she was moved up a level and has an awesome instructor who is teaching her the different strokes and working on her technique. She works really hard during her lessons and swims across the pool 10-15 times! I think she'll definetly be ready for swim team next year.

My sweet David wanted nothing to do with his swim lesson. On our first day he simply wouldn't join the class. I'm not sure if he didn't like the idea of the group lesson... maybe there were just too many little kids crammed in on the steps of the pool, maybe he didn't like his teacher, or maybe he was just scared. Regardless, when he wouldn't join in on day two, we were able to withdraw from the class and receive a refund. David looked very relieved to know he didn't have to go to his lesson anymore and maybe we could try again next year. So... he was happy to join his sister in the little pool and wait for Emily there. Chris will work with him on the weekends at our neighborhood pool... I think Daddy swim lessons may be the best bet this year.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe once David sees Emily in swim team his interest will peak. I am thinking he may be more of a baseball kind of kid.

    ReplyDelete