The kids' hands just weren't big enough to fit in the bowling ball holes for a traditional hold... so they each came up with their own technique. Lia set the ball down and gave it a good push. Emily rolled it in a sideways fashion and David mastered what I would call "Granny Bowling". He would spread his legs out and swing the ball between them and then let it go. It was pretty funny. And yes, we put the rails up so the kids wouldn't get so many gutter balls. Some of David's attempts did a kind of ricochet effect down the lane. All good fun though.
I remember spending many hours in a bowling alley as a kid because my parents bowled on a league. I remember in the good ol' days, they had to keep score by hand and it was projected up on the wall. As a teacher, I noticed what good math skills can be practiced in keeping score manually. Alas, the computer does it all for us now. I was also well educated in bowling ettiquette - so I was able to teach my kids about waiting till the person next to them has bowled before they should approach their lane. They did great.
Such fun...lets go bowling at Christmas!!!
ReplyDelete