Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beach Trip, Mon Jul 20 (Game Night)

My goodness, with all the interruptions, and my inability to quickly adjust to routine changes, I may never get this beach blog done. I'm going to have to put in some serious overtime to get caught up!

The most beloved Long Beach tradition has to be running the races. With 21 grandkids, and their friends, and some adults running for candy, we draw quite a bit of attention. Pop Pop is seen here marking off the finish line in the sand. He is wearing his famous referee shirt.
Here is David running his time trial. All the kids are timed in the time trials so that they can be paired up with a similar runner for the relay races. A funny little story... I was trying to get David all pumped up for his first time trial. I told him if he ran really fast that smoke would come out of his legs. I think he believed me... his first run he kept checking behind him for smoke! This was quite funny, but slowed him down quite a bit! He told me he didn't see any smoke... I think he was disappointed.
And here is our Emily -

Nonna picked out an awesome 1000 piece Historical North Carolina jigsaw puzzle. You can see our home crew hard at work here.

And here is everyone for games. This was some sort of trivia game and let me tell you... the Nelli crew take game night very seriously. Frozen concoctions were provided for the adults and they were mighty tasty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment