It is too bad I can't be in more places at once. A lot went on this day and I only have pictures from my perspective... and I only took a few! Anyway, we spent the morning on the beach which was enjoyable as always. The 'big' event for the day was the men's luncheon. It is held at our beach house and all men over the age of 21 are invited. It is a really big deal to them. No women are allowed inside... there is no telling what goes on at these things! One thing is for certain, the men take it very seriously and look forward to it every year. A lot of wine, fine cheese, italian cold cuts, and cigars go into making this a very enjoyable time for the men... or so I've heard.
So while our house was occupied, Emily spent some quality time with Ainsley and I took the little ones out for lunch. We ate at the restaurant by the pier and I had their crab and avocado panini. What a treat for us. We weren't the only ones with this idea. Carol and family were their as well. I'll have to brag on the manager. He came by with a Spiderman coloring book for David and a Littlest Pet Shop one for Lia. Nice touch.

We walked out on the pier after lunch. David and Lia held hands and looked very sweet. David was very excited to see all the people fishing. He was also lucky enough to witness a very exciting event.... read on.


When we got to the end of the pier... where the serious people fish... there was a lot of excitement amount this shark that you really can't see very well in the picture below. However, it was a 4 foot shark. It was bigger than David! The guys tried to get it into a net but it broke the line and got away. It was very exciting! If David ever goes fishing with Daddy, he may have unrealistic expectations!

I don't have any pictures, but after the men's luncheon, the ladies go out to eat. This is a nice treat for us! It is always nice to dine out!
And the next really fun tradition is make-up night. The teenage girls put make up on their younger cousins and do their hair and nails. What makes it even more fun, is they then let the little girls do their make-up in return. I'll post some pictures from this when I get them from Caroline's website. They will say copyright on them but you'll get the idea. And yes, I plan to purchase prints from her...

No comments:
Post a Comment