Thursday, June 10, 2010

YMCA grand opening

Last Saturday we toured our new "Adventure" YMCA. All the summer camps for the local YMCAs will be held here this summer. It was pretty impressive! The picture below is my attempt to capture the ropes course... You have to see it to get an idea of how massive it is. Emily jumped in line to try it but we learned quickly that the minimum age is 12.


I always thought you spelled these things teepees... but according to the map they are tipis. This YMCA has three giant "tipis". I'm not sure what they are used for but our kids thought they were pretty cool.

Emily found her friend MC. Here they are in the misting area. Nice way to cool off.

And camels! The line to ride the camels was really long so we just admired them for a little while. You don't see camels every day you know.

And the petting zoo. Lia and David were a bit skittish about getting near the animals. Emily was busy watching the one man circus act and could not be bothered with the petting zoo. I think our circus guy was standing on a giant ball and juggling fire sticks at this time.

We had dinner at Skeeters with a quick run to Kroger to replenish our fridge. Not a bad evening out. ;-) And of note, Emily had her nose in Andrew Lang's Blue Fairy Book for most of the weekend. Goodness, that girl loves to read. She finished the book by Sunday afternoon with the exception of a couple of fairy tales that were "just too scary."

1 comment:

  1. Way to cool. I wish we had a YMCA like that in Las Cruces!! I don't know about Emily attempting the rope course even at 12. The nurse in me says never ;)

    ReplyDelete