Saturday, December 4, 2010
New Vacume Cleaner
My vacume cleaner broke about a week ago and I ordered a new one. It arrived on our doorstep on Friday and David asked me excitedly, "Mommy, Can I help you put it together? Can we do it now?" We had all sorts of stuff on Friday but I told him yes, he could certainly help me. So here we are on Saturday, assembly instructions in hand, and ready to go! It said "Easy Assembly". How difficult could it be? I have an engineering degree and a 5 year old helper. Piece of cake.
Emily, by the way, was hanging out with the boy next door and his friend digging in the mud. She didn't think vacume assembly would be very interesting. Oh well. Her loss.
So here we are. All the parts are laid out and we're ready to go!
2 long screws and 5 short ones. No big deal. Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey... except my kids still can't figure out their left from their right. Oh well, if you do it right, the screw goes in. If not, it comes back out.
And in about 20 minutes time, a fully assembled vacume cleaner and two children very proud of "helping" Mom with this very important job.
And it worked when I plugged it in. Good thing too because my house was very dirty. This vacume has the dust container visible so you can see how quickly it fill up. David couldn't wait to push it around and see how much dirt he could get. Well, he didn't have to work very long to fill it up. So do you think he'll continue to vacume for me every day? And be excited about it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoy it now....vacuuming is like mopping..no fun past the age of 10...like most chores. I do like that red NC State vacuum..very cool.
ReplyDeleteEmily where are your shoes?
ReplyDelete