Saturday, May 5, 2018

Touring St. Louis

Emily and I traveled to St. Louis for my cousin Miranda's wedding and got to do a little sight seeing the day we arrived.  We met up with my Aunt Val and headed to the famous Gateway Arch to do the tram and river cruise.  I was happy to still get the child discount for Emily... I want to say that 17 and under were discounted, which is fantastic!



 Emily enjoyed checking out all the bridges and had definite opinions of what she liked and did not.


Here is the view from the top of the arch.  It is a creepy 4 minute ride in a rickety, claustrophobic passenger car to get to the top by the way...


Me and my girl at the top!

After meeting up with Aunt Debbie, she encouraged us to step inside the Union Station hotel lobby.  Wow, was it gorgeous!

Here we are across the street from the Union Station Hotel.  I'm glad we got this quality time with family.  Good stuff.


A field of dandelions captured Emily's delight.


 After Miranda's wedding, we were blessed to be able to attend mass at the St. Louis Basilica, one of the most beautiful churches I have seen in the US.


It is all golden mosaics on the inside and absolutely jaw dropping when you first enter and attempt to take it all in.



My favorite mosaic was the Pentecost images to the left of the altar.


Image result for st louis basilica pentecost image



No comments:

Post a Comment